Monday, July 2, 2012

Generation 1- Chapter 5

Screenshot-55

When Lanya arrived home, she was faced with a sulking Madison in the garage. “Sweetie, what’s wrong? Aren’t you happy I’m home? I’ve missed you so much!” Madison ran to her mother and grabbed her in a tight hug, not letting go. “Mom, I’ve missed you too! But I just can’t do this anymore! I can’t be the mom anymore! I can’t worry about if you’re gonna come home drunk or even come home at all! It’s just not fair mom!” she screamed out while uncontrollably sobbing. “I want to believe you’ve changed and you’re better, but I can’t!” Lanya hugged her daughter back, with silent tears falling from her own eyes, “Baby, I messed up…I know I did. And I completely understand that you cannot trust me right now. I wouldn’t trust myself either if I were you. But all I can do is ask you to give me one last chance to be the mom you haven’t had for the longest while. Can you do that?” Madison looked up and nodded, wanting to believe everything her mom was saying.

Screenshot-68

Adjusting to life as a mom again was proving to be a fun but overwhelming experience for Lanya. But with the support of the outpatient treatment center she was going to, her family and what little friends she had left, she was prepared for every challenge she was faced with. One of those challenges was teaching Aubree all the necessary skills she needed to learn in order to become more independent. When her youngest daughter finally took her first few steps all alone, she was reminded again why being sober was the best gift she could give her family.

Screenshot-76

“Mom, I’m so happy you’re home! But you seem so sad…what’s going on?” Bentley asked his mom. Lanya knew she would eventually have to tell her children what was on her mind. Her therapist told her it was important to live a transparent lifestyle, especially when her family was learning to trust her again. "Mom…you’re not…you know…doing that stuff again, are you?” Madison said looking at her mom. “No, Maddie…ok guys, I know I’ve been acting a bit weird since I got back and I promise you I’m not back on drugs or alcohol or whatever was ruining our lives before. But my recovery since I’ve gotten back has been increasingly tough for me, because this neighbourhood just reminds me of the bad life I once lived. Billy, who you both should know was my dealer and boyfriend, lives just down the street from here and seeing him everyday is taking a toll on me mentally. So, if it’s alright with you two, I would like for us all to move to Westerberg, the next town over. I understand if you don’t want to move, but I can’t remain sober if I’m faced with my old life everywhere I turn.” After speaking she bent her head down, not wanting to look her children in the face. “Mom, we love you and we really love this house and this neighbourhood…but we love your wellbeing more. If you want to move, we’re gonna support you and come with you!” Madison said patting her mom on the arm before adding, “As long as we move after prom!”

Screenshot-7

After how well her conversation had went with Bentley and Madison the other night, Lanya decided to throw a little joint celebration for Madison’s prom and Bentley’s birthday. She called all of their closest friends and family and even extended an invite to Charles. Well, her therapist did tell her to start working on mending her past relationships, so she figured this event would be a good time to start.

Screenshot-20

Charles was the first person to arrive, at the exact same time that Kyle did to pick Madison up for their prom. Charles immediately started sizing Kyle up, asking him questions about his intentions with Madison. Just as Charles was about to slip in a threat, Madison walked out the door, gave her dad a kiss and pulled Kyle towards the limo.

“What’s with your dad, Mad?!?!”

“Well after what we’ve been through Kyle, he needs to be protective” she smiled as they climbed into the limo.

Screenshot-25

As Charles walked in, Lanya met him at the door. “Laney, oh my gosh you look amazing! How have you been?” Seeing Charles should have given Lanya a wave of hateful feelings, but at that moment she felt a strange fluttering in her heart, what was this she was feeling? “Anyways, I heard you’ve been back for a bit, I want you to know I’m really proud of you,” Charles continued, not noticing Lanya staring at him strangely. “Charles, I’m glad you could come, umm…would you excuse me for a bit. I think I should get Bentley’s cake set up.” Lanya walked away from Charles with the strange fluttering moving from her heart to her throat.

Screenshot-32

As soon as Lanya finished lighting the candles, Bentley flew right over, ready to blow them out. He was so excited that finally he would be going to high school and he just wanted to get this whole process over with. As he took a second to make a wish, he looked over at his parents and thought, I wish my dad would live with us again and they could learn to love each other. And with that he blew the candles out.

Screenshot-84

Bentley grew up to be such a handsome young man. He inherited the Athletic trait, but still couldn’t think of a what he wanted to do with his life.

Screenshot-85

While everyone rushed up to get a slice a cake, Lanya couldn’t help but look over at the bar. Familiar feelings started to creep up and she knew for the sake of her sobriety, she needed to get out of there. “Charles, would you mind stepping outside with me for a bit?” Charles looked shocked that she even asked, “Sure, Lane. I could use some fresh air myself.”

Screenshot-91

As they stepped outside, Charles reached to take Lanya’s hand in his, “Lane, I’ve missed you so much! I’m sorry for everything I’ve done, the way I’ve treated you, the fact that I royally screwed this family up!” Tears were flowing out of Charles’ eyes before he could will himself to stop them. Lanya looked up at her ex-husband and could feel nothing but sadness for the man she once loved. “Charles, it’s..it’s not just your fault…I chose to go this path, you didn’t force me.”

“Yea but I’m the reason you started drinking. I was a drunk myself; I was living the fast life back then, but not anymore! Actually you inspired me to go to rehab myself Lane!”

“Really?” Lanya said looking at Charles admiringly.

“Of course! You don’t know how much that fight and seeing how it affected you, affected me. You are honestly my soulmate and when I saw you down, a part of me went down as well.”

“What about Stardust?” Lanya said nonchalantly.

Charles smiled, “What about her? She found another young star to leech off of. I love you Laney; I will always love you.”

Screenshot-89

Charles grabbed her into a tight hug. Lanya was more than shocked, but all she could do was nuzzle her head onto his shoulder.

Screenshot-97

“I love you too Charles. I always will” Lanya said, as the overwhelming urge to kiss the man she loved overcame her. “Charles, why don’t you stay over tonight? I’m sure the kids would love it!” Charles silently nodded as she took his hand in hers and led him upstairs.

Screenshot-100

Fiery passion was burning throughout them both as they climbed into bed and…well…they both went to sleep happy that night Winking smile

3 comments:

  1. Whoa, I wasn't expecting Lanya and Charles to get back together after what happened. o_o Although I guess feelings for someone never truly leave...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea I was equally as shocked when one of Lanya's wishes was to woohoo with Charles, so I rolled with it LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't expecting that. But when you love someone, a part of you will always love them :3

    Lets hope they mean it

    ReplyDelete