Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Generation 1- Chapter 6

Screenshot-101

The morning after their night of passion was one of confusion for Charles. What did I just do?!?! And why do I want to do it again? He took a quick glance at Lanya, who was gently snoring, and turned to face the window. I love this woman, but we’ve had a very volatile past. I just don’t want to ruin the progress that both of us have made in our sobriety. What the hell should I do now? Charles searched around the room for paper and a pen and jotted down a quick note saying he would be back later. He then kissed Lanya on the head and left.

Screenshot-109

“WOOOOAHHHH!!! Mads, please tell me you just saw Dad leaving the house too! Did he sleep over? Where did he sleep?”

Madison looked at her brother and chuckled, “Bent, you’re not a kid anymore. Where do you think he slept?”

Bentley scratched his head as he thought about it. “Oh…OH…EWWWWW!”

Madison let out a laugh, “This is why I love you little brother. I just don’t know how I feel about our parents seeing each other again.”

“Why not? I think it would be great!” Madison didn’t answer. Of course Bentley would have been too young to remember the constant late night arguing and alcohol abuse.

Screenshot-114

Over the next few weeks, Charles was sleeping over 4 nights out of the week. Bentley and Aubree were over the moon to have their dad around, however Madison just couldn’t bring herself to join on the excitement. “What if mom relapses? What if they start arguing again? I just can’t live through that again!” she exclaimed one night while her Bentley and Toby were doing homework.

“Mads, chill man…they’re adults. They can think and act for themselves,” Toby said.

“Yea and we’re supposed to be moving and I bet Mom will just be so depressed when this fling she has going on is over with. I love my parents, but I just don’t see how this will work when we’re in Westerberg,” she sighed.

“Maybe we should talk to them,” Bentley said.

“Yea and say, what? ‘Hey us kids just wanna make sure you guys don’t become winos again’ “ Madison said sarcastically.

Screenshot-118

Meanwhile outside…

“Charles, what’s going on between us? We’re going to have to tell the kids eventually…I’m sure they already know.”

Charles shrugged, “Lane, I honestly don’t know how to explain this. At first I truly hated you, I wanted you dead…or at least dead to me. But seeing you that night at the party changed everything.”

Lanya turned her head, “Well you do know we’re moving to Westerberg right?”

Charles smiled, “Yea the kids told me a while ago. I want to come with you guys.”

“Charles, I’m just worried that everything that went wrong is going to go wrong again, if we tried this. We’re both recovering addicts, is it really such a good idea for us to put ourselves in the same situation again? Isn’t it too soon?”

“Lane, I believe things happen for a reason. We were meant to reconnect at this moment in time. But I understand what you’re saying, that’s why I got this.” He reached into his back pocket and pulled out a pamphlet and handed it to Lanya.

“’Westerberg Oasis Centre, Home to all your recovery needs’. What is this Charles? I’ve already went to rehab,” she said while still looking through the pamphlet.

“I got my sponsor to help me find us a good therapist in Westerberg. Her name is Dana Deville and she’s been practicing for over 10 years. Westerberg Oasis also has an amazing outpatient program and they’re saving us 2 spots for whenever we arrive. I just want to show you that I’ve changed Laney and I will support you in any way that I can with recovery. What do you say?

Lanya smiled and said, “Well it looks great! But I need to think about this some more ok?”

Screenshot-125

That night Charles stayed over for dinner, which was not uncommon lately. However, Madison felt it was finally time to say something to her parents. “Mom, Dad, I’m going to be blunt, what is going between you two? Like are you guys together or what?”

Lanya almost choked on her food. Charles swallowed his last bite hard and stared blankly ahead. “Maddie, your mom and I will always love each other, but we’ve been through alot. These things take time to figure out.”

“But you’re moving to Westerberg with us, right Dad?” Bentley chimed in and Madison nodded excitedly.

“Ok guys, calm down! I love your father and he loves me, and we’re just taking it slow. We’re kinda getting to know each other again. Don’t you two think it’s too soon for him to move back in?”

Madison and Bentley started laughing, “Mom you guys were already married and you have 3 kids…I think you know each other well enough,” Madison roared nearly crying from laughter.

“You know they’re right Laney” Charles whispered. “I know” Lanya said in disbelief.

“Ok kids, quiet down. I want to say something to your mother while you’re all here.”

Screenshot-129

“Laney would you come over here please” Charles said as he held out his hand to guide Lanya over to a more open area. Still holding her hands in his he said, “I just want you to know that I love you with all my heart. I have put this family through a lot these past few years and I am more than grateful to you for not only forgiving me, but inviting me to share in your presence again. I promise you that if you let me, I will prove to you that I can be the same man that you fell in love with the first time.”

Screenshot-138

As Charles bent down on one knee the whole room went silent, until Madison let out a squeal of excitement. “Laney, would you do me the honor of being my wife…again?” Lanya was equally shocked, and took a moment to think before speaking. Should I say yes? Is this right for me and the kids? He’s changed, I just know he has. “Yes Charles, I will marry you again!” Bentley and Madison jumped up and down with delight, even Aubree started to clap.

Screenshot-148

Charles and Lanya opted for a private ceremony, right then and there, with their children as witnesses. They said their vows to each other and slipped on their old wedding bands. It was a very meaningful ceremony, that encompassed their entire life journey together as they finally opened up to their kids about what they had been through, By the end of it, Madison and Bentley were happy their parents were back together and even more excited to move to Westerberg and start a new life as a family again.

Extra photos!!!!

Screenshot-156

“MOMMY, DADDY STOP KISSING AND PICK ME UP!!!”

Screenshot-158

The happy couple Smile

Screenshot-2

Reading the little princess to sleep.

Screenshot-8

Madison at the spa. Looking beautiful!!!

Screenshot-112

Madison’s prom picture! How she got into her everyday clothes while at prom is a mystery lol! She was voted Prom Queen!!!

3 comments:

  1. I like this legacy and really can't wait to read more. <3

    I can't believe Lanya is getting back together with Charles and I hope for both their sakes that he's definitely a better man now. =3

    Read my blog? http://storyoftherain.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. madison is really pretty! the whole family is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, they were quick to get back together. Hopefully things go right this time...

    ReplyDelete