Sunday, June 17, 2012

Generation 1- Chapter 1

Meet the family! Charles Mason, a Master Magician:

Screenshot-11

His wife Lanya Mason, a struggling Writer:

Screenshot-7

And their children Madison, Bentley and baby Aubree:

Screenshot-8 Screenshot-9Screenshot-5

On the outside they look like a very happy, loving family. But inside the house, it’s a completely different story! You see Charles is a heavy drinker. Being a very successful Magician comes with a high celebrity status and access to the top bars and clubs. Charles never experimented with drugs, but alcohol seemed to consume his life when he was not performing. And when he did drink he was a completely different person, often resorting to verbal and emotional abuse with Lanya. One day while Lanya was putting Aubree in her swing, she noticed Charles was up drinking again. And she knew enough was enough!

Screenshot-16Screenshot-18 

“Charles this is crazy! Ever since you started hanging out with those celeb friends of yours, all you’ve been doing is drinking! It’s one thing to do it on the street, but to bring it into your house, with your kids! I’m sick and tired of this!” Charles took a swig of his drink and sneered, “You’re tired of this? You would be nothing if it wasn’t for me! What do writers make nowadays? NOTHING! You live off of my wealth and have the nerve to say you’re sick and tired? Get over yourself!”

Screenshot-20Screenshot-23

“I don’t have the time to write because I’m too busy taking care of OUR children, which you’ve never done! When was the last time you held Aubree? Do you even know how to make a bottle?!?!” Charles twisted his face in anger, “You better be taking care of our children! You don’t do much else! Your writing sucks, just as much as your personality! I don’t know what I saw in you when I first met you…clearly I was blinded because you are the worst woman I’ve ever been with! You make me sick!"

Screenshot-26Screenshot-24

This was the last straw for Lanya, “That’s it! It’s over! I refuse to be with a man who can’t even respect me as the mother of his children! You are a horrible man and like you, I must have been blinded because I’ve come to realize I HATE YOU!!!!” Charles smiled and said, “You’re making the worst decision of your life. You have no money, no education, NOTHING. But have it your way. Oh and by the way, your suspicions were valid. I have met someone else, someone more…on my level. She’s able to satisfy me in more ways then you ever could. You’re washed up…so let’s see how your life is better without me babe.”

Screenshot-28Screenshot-31

And then he did the unthinkable. He slapped her! Although they often argued, he never put his hands on her, but this day was different! He slapped her so hard, she saw stars and thought she was going to black out. Before she could defend herself, he jumped on her and started pounding her saying, “You will regret this you whore! I am the reason you’re even here!”

Screenshot-36Screenshot-37Screenshot-38Screenshot-40

His attack was relentless. She tried hard to defend herself, but to no avail. Eventually she just submitted to his attacks and waited for him to finish.

Screenshot-41Screenshot-42Screenshot-43Screenshot-45

As Lanya was getting up, she heard Aubree screeching. Her poor baby had been there the entire time! And her older children were just upstairs, who knows if they heard the whole thing? “You need to leave Charles, right now!”

“I’m not leaving Lanya, this is my damn house! I paid for it!”

“Either you leave now or I will call the cops and have you arrested. If you leave peacefully, I will not call, but you better leave now and NEVER come back! I mean it!”

Charles went upstairs to email his agent and a couple girls he could stay with temporarily. He couldn’t believe his marriage was ending this way. What’s more, he couldn’t believe he actually hit Lanya! He loved her so much, but the love just wasn’t there anymore. After sending the emails, he proceeded to leave calmly as Lanya requested. As he was walking to the door, part of Lanya wanted to call him back and just try again, but after what just happened she couldn’t. After Charles left, her worst fears were finalized- she was now a single mom. She couldn’t help but look at Aubree and worry about what her future would be like without her father. She was just an innocent baby, she didn’t deserve to live in such a chaotic life.

Screenshot-47Screenshot-50Screenshot-54Screenshot-55

After that, all she could think to do was get a drink. She wasn’t normally a drinker, but it was the only escape she could think of at the time.

Screenshot-56

Stay tuned to see how Lanya tries to mend the broken pieces of her life after Charles. Hope you enjoyed reading!

3 comments:

  1. Oh no. The poor kids probably heard it all happen :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting story... I found your link over on Brina's blog and figured I might as well check it out, and WOW! That was a pretty intense fight. Pretty realistic dialogue, as well, and you've set yourself up for one awesome story. I'm reading the newer chapters now, and I'm also following. :)

    ReplyDelete